jeudi 23 décembre 2010

2010 was a good year

Where did 2010 go? It seems like the older I get, the quicker time seems to pass. Sounds pretty cliché, but that`s just the way it goes I guess.

It`s been a great year, my boys have enjoyed the little ninja`s program and have earned 3 stripes on their yellow/white belts. The main thing is they`ve fallen into the routine and learned from the mat chats which they`ve learned to apply to their everyday lives. With the busy month of December, they`ve missed a few classes, but with the year round schedule and their young age, I think it`s important to take small breaks in order to keep them interested when they`re there. They`re looking forward to 2011.

Looking back at the last year, I`ve learned alot on the mats. I`ve had the luxury of travelling with some good friends to learn from black belts in Ottawa, Los Angeles and Montreal. I`ve also attended 3 seminars locally under Pat Cooligan, our head instructor and black belt from OAMA.

I attended 3 MMA events, one in Ottawa which saw Jenn`s MMA debut at Wreck and both UFC events in Montreal, UFC 113 and 124.

With that said, my health was a struggle for the first 3 quarters of the year, but I`ve been able to endure, work around it and continue to train. Thankfully, with the help of my doctors, I`ve gotten things under control (I have a form of Ulcerative Colitis). I`ve recently also started seeing a Naturopath Doctor who`s going to help me with my nutrition and started me on supplements to heal the condition which may have contributed to my UC.

Ok, without getting too sidetracked by my gut problems, the point I`m trying to get to is that 2011 will see a renewed focus on my overall health. Combining diet and lifestyle changes with a continued focus on my training at Sudbury BJJ.

I`ve got some goals I`ve set out for myself for 2011. I want to finally shed some of this weight I`ve been carrying around, plan to possibly compete in the spring and travel to NYC to train at Renzo Gracie`s main academy in Manhattan. I`ll write more about these goals in the coming weeks.

With that, I`d like to wish you a Merry Christmas! I`m looking forward to spending time with my family and catching up with some old friends. If you want to find me next week, I`ll be taking advantage of a few days off work to train during the day. Shoot me a note on facebook or text message my phone if you`d like to come out!

Stay tuned...more to come in 2011!
Y.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire