dimanche 21 février 2010

UFC 110 results

Wow...that was a great fight card! Let`s take a quick look at my predictions and see how horribly I did. haha!

UFC 110 Predictions

Ben Rothwell vs CroCop

Ben Rothwell had to pull out of the fight due to a last minute illness. Anthony Perosh, an Australian fighter stepped in and took the fight on very late notice. He showed a ton of heart, but CroCop was just too much. I had predicted a knockout for CroCop in round 2 vs his initial opponent and this one ended by TKo in the second frame. (I`ll take it...1 for 1 so far)

Ryan Bader vs Keith Jardine

I had picked Jardine by TKO in round 3. Wrong! This was a great standup fight but Ryan "Darth" Bader took it by vicious KO in the 3rd. Jardine questionned wether or not the fight was stopped too early, but his "stank leg" told a different story. He was out! (1-2)

George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Stevensen

Was I wrong on this one!! I had picked Joe Daddy by submission in rounnd 2. I had picked George Sotiropoulos to win the Ultimate Fighter when he was on the show, but he came up short. Since then, he`s rattled off 4 wins in his first 4 fights with the UFC. Last night, he put on a clinic!! His Jiu Jitsu was unbelievable and he dominated Stevensen from bell to bell. I can`t wait to see him fight again. Fight of the night!! (predictions aren`t going well here...1-3)

Michael Bisping vs Wanderlei Silva

I picked Wanderlei to win by KO, but he brought a different gameplan than what we`re used to seeing from him. There was still the odd wild hook, but his patience paid off and he took a much needed decision over the Brit. (2 for 4)

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

I picked Big Nog to win this fight using his experience and ability to take a pounding and still find a way to win. Cain Velasquez looked awesome on his feet and never gave Nogueira a chance to take the fight to the ground. 1 clean shot to the chin followed by 5 unanswered blows had Nogueira laying on his back dreaming of fields filled with running leprichauns and unicorns. Zzz Zzz Zzz!! Velasquez took the fight by vicious knockout.

So I went 2 out of 6. Not my best night of predictions but that was an awesome card. Lots of good fights to look forward to over the next few months.

Stay tuned!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire