dimanche 7 février 2010

Welcome to the BJJ Diaries...

I remember being 18 years old and walking through a local video store and seeing the vhs case for UFC 2. I picked it up and scanned the back and thought this might be the greatest thing I`ve ever gotten my hands on.

Watching that first (officially 2nd) "mixed martial arts" event introduced me to different styles of martial arts. Back then, I had trained in amateur boxing and having grown up playing hockey, I`d never had the time for other sports, but I`d always figured I`d take karate at some point. I`d never heard of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but I could tell this was the real deal. There was no other explanation as to how a skinny Royce Gracie could demolish guys twice his size.

Fast forward to 2009...I discovered that my hometown had a school that teaches Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. More importantly, a school which teaches Gracie Jiu Jitsu. So in August 2009, I signed up and haven`t looked back since.

This blog will be all about Jiu Jitsu & MMA. Aside of training in BJJ, I`m a huge fight fanatic and haven`t missed a UFC ppv in many years. I don`t claim to know it all, but I do have an opinion and you`re welcome to read mine and let me know how far off the mark you think I am. I`ll also keep you up to speed on life at Sudbury Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai Academy. The club has become a second home for me. Roxanne (my wife) has recently taken up Muay Thai conditioning and my two boys will soon be joining the little ninjas program. It`s a great place. You should come check it out! http://www.sudburybjj.com/

Stay tuned for my fight predictions, stories of getting choked out and all things BJJ.

Stay healthy my friends!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire